Job Title: Office Manager
Listed: June 23, 2016
Location: New York, NY
Status: Full time
Deadline to Apply: Until position is filled
BrazilFoundation mobilizes resources for ideas and actions that transform Brazil. We work with local leaders, organizations and a global network of supporters to promote equality, social justice and economic opportunity for all Brazilians. Over the last 15 years, BrazilFoundation has built a philanthropic community of more than 10,000 donors and friends and has invested US$35 million in more than 500 community-level initiatives in 26 Brazilian states.
BrazilFoundation is seeking an Office Manager to support its US operations by coordinating office operations and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. Responsibilities include performing administrative tasks associated with BrazilFoundation, and assisting with the day-to-day operations of the organization. It is the responsibility of all BrazilFoundation employees to support the organization’s mission and goals, to respect confidentiality, and to work to uphold the organization’s dignity and integrity. This is the perfect position for a talented, well-organized individual who thrives in a multi-task environment and wants the challenge – and the personal rewards – of working in an entrepreneurial, mission-driven international nonprofit organization.
· Serve as the point person for office maintenance, mailing, shopping, supplies, equipment, bills, and errands;
· Maintain a clean and comfortable office atmosphere;
· Organize and schedule meetings and appointments for the CEO;
· Coordinate with the IT point person for the maintenance of all office equipment;
· Answer and coordinate incoming telephone calls;
· Assist with staff travel arrangements including scheduling flights, hotel accommodations, etc;
· Prepare expense reports and organize receipts;
· Provide historical reference by following procedures for retention, protection, retrieval and disposal of records;
· Update database of contacts on Raiser’s Edge;
· Coordinate paperwork for all Donor Advised gifts;
· Manage the record keeping of all donations and expenses;
· Recruit and train volunteers;
· Write and send acknowledgement letters, and assist development team with campaign mailing;
· Assist the events team with planning and execution of special events including: billing, event logistics, auction, RSVPs and guest lists, travel logistics for special guests, check-in and registration, and volunteer coordination.
· 3-5 years of office management or administrative experience;
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
· Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills; Strong organizational and planning skills;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Discretion and ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information;
· Strong computer skills, knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge a plus;
· Tactful with the public, media, volunteers and staff;
· Fluent in English and Portuguese;
· Must have permission to legally work in the US;
· College graduate with Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
Full Time position.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. BrazilFoundation is an equal opportunity employer.